Manager, Fraud & AML- U.S.
Who is Financeit?
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, focused on the home improvement industry, but also with clients in the vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. The Financeit platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in market.
About the role:
We’re looking for someone to develop, maintain and enforce Fraud and Anti-Money Laundering prevention strategies, mitigating losses resulting from new account origination fraud, and to ensure compliance with relevant US AML regulations.
What you'll do:
- Overall Fraud Management
- Develop and oversee policies and procedures to minimize risk of fraud
- Conduct detailed investigations and reporting on new account origination fraud
- Monitor fraud transaction trends and make recommendations to senior management on changes to operating practices and procedures to mitigate the risk identified through investigative findings
- Provide support & assistance in resolving complex disputes/fraud cases, including completing inbound and outbound calls where needed, and taking appropriate action based on the outcome of the investigation
- Anti Money Laundering Management
- Develop and oversee policies and procedures to comply with US Anti Money Laundering Regulations
- Conduct investigations into flagged unusual or suspicious account or customer activity in accordance with AML suspicious transaction reporting guidelines
- Conduct regular monitoring control audits including reporting on results and creating action plans for addressing issues
- Support the analysis and assessment of external vendors
- Complete other duties as may be assigned from time to time including, but not limited to, acting as back-up to colleagues
- University degree or College diploma in a relevant discipline
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a fraud investigations role in a consumer lending environment
- Solid understanding of fraud management policies, tools, and processes
- Direct experience in US Anti Money Laundering a plus
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills with ability to critically evaluate business problems and find optimal solutions
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and efficiently
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player, capable of working both independently and in a team environment with high attention to detail for accuracy, and initiative to follow up on items and get things done
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401K Contribution matching
- Maternity leave top up program
- Career learning and development programs
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.