Analyst, Reporting and Analytics- U.S.
Who is Financeit?
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, focused on the home improvement industry, but also with clients in the vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. Financeit's platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in the market.
About the role:
We’re looking for someone to provide value added business/data analytics and reporting to the management, board and stakeholders for U.S. lending business: design, develop and implement risk reporting (dashboard and reporting package production); perform data analytics on various risk metrics; identify, document, and communicate business/risk pattern and insight in a timely, clear and accurate manner with stakeholders. The incumbent will report to Senior Manager, Modelling and Analytics.
What you'll do:
- Design, develop, implement, and distribute various reporting packages and dashboard (monthly and quarterly) on various risk metrics (e.g. origination, approval, credit performance, profit/loss metrics, delinquency and collections)
- Perform data extracts, cleaning, and analytics on various risk metrics
- Deliver ad-hoc analysis/report
- Deliver insights and commentary that can inform business decisions
- Validate the quality and integrity of data and reporting processes used in generating the reports
- Continue to improve reporting processes with respect to efficiency, accuracy and timeliness
- Work with business leads to understand business objectives and needs for insights and document requirements to design, develop, and implement appropriate analytics and reporting to deliver the required insights
- Support changes to reports and dashboards to allow the business to track additional metrics as required
- Maintain manual/documentation for reporting processes
- University or College degree in a relevant discipline
- 3-5 years of relevant experience successfully working in an analytical or reporting role using advanced tools such as R, Python, SQL, for the purpose of data mining, analytics, reporting, and generating business insights
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Looker, Tableau, Qlik, etc
- Expertise with data manipulation, reporting techniques, and report automation
- Strong analytical problem solving skills with ability to critically evaluate business problems and find optimal solutions
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and efficiently
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player, capable of working both independently and in a team environment with high attention to detail for accuracy, and initiative to follow up on items and get things done
- Experience conducting reporting and analysis in consumer credit risk or collections at a financial institution an asset
- Advanced skills in using PowerPoint to create management presentations
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401K Contribution matching
- Maternity leave top up program
- Career learning and development programs
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.