Legal & Compliance Coordinator
Who is Financeit?
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, focused on the home improvement industry, but also with clients in the vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. Financeit's platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in the market.
About the role:
The Legal & Compliance Coordinator is responsible for a wide variety of legal, compliance and corporate secretary duties within the law group of FinanceIt Canada Inc. under the supervision of department management. This includes the preparation of legal documents and correspondence, responding to regulatory inquiries, corporate secretary filings, administrative support, carriage of small claims litigation files and interacting with in-house clients.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare legal documents based on written instruction, verbal direction and precedent, including correspondence to counsel and regulators on various legal matters affecting Financeit
- Maintain day-to-day carriage of corporate secretary and licensing filings in the U.S. and Canada
- Maintain carriage of small claims court files
- Administer components of the compliance framework including the Financeit Policy Inventory
- Conduct legal and compliance research as directed, including research on statutes, regulations, directives and guidelines from regulators, and court and tribunal decisions
- Assist with general department management activities including preparing administrative documents, filings, and scheduling meetings
- Paralegal certification preferred, or a combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of direct work experience in a legal assistant, paralegal, or law clerk capacity
- Strong knowledge of basic legal concepts, principles, and terminology.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office including Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with employees, departments, and external agencies
- Good research skills on the Internet and traditional sources of information
- Excellent writing skills
- Resourcefulness and flexibility
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases
- Meticulous records maintenance skills
- Strong customer service orientation
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- RSP Contribution matching
- Maternity leave top up program
- Casual dress code
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.