Decision System Support Analyst, Risk Management
Who is Financeit:
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, focused on the home improvement industry, but also with clients in the vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. The Financeit platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in market.
About the role:
Financeit is seeking a talented and motivated Decision System Support Analyst to join our growing Risk team to support the company’s strategic risk management vision. This person will have a good understanding of credit origination strategies gained through experience in risk management in a consumer lending environment. In this role the incumbent will be responsible for translating business and risk requirements into effective solutions to deliver advanced credit origination strategies in Canada and the US.
What you'll do:
- Using various process modeling and design techniques, design, document, and implement risk and fraud models and strategies into the credit decision system platform (GDS Link)
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders including Operations, Risk, and Product
- Work with the QAT lead to define acceptance test criteria by considering all possible outcomes of the use cases
- Lead the communication with 3rd party data providers to understand how to map the technical requirements to the solution design
- Communicate project scope, status and risks to all stakeholders
- Additional duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Business, Computer Science, or other quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of directly related experience developing and implementing origination strategies in a decision engine/originations platform (eg. GDS Link, FICO OM, Experian SM/Powercurve)
- Experience documenting complex process flows, and developing test plans
- Working knowledge or experience with Solution Design, Workflow Modeling, Process and Data mapping
- Advanced knowledge and experience using MS Excel
- Familiarity with SQL or similar program language considered an asset
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to read and interpret system specification documents, APIs
- Exceptional written, verbal communication, presentation, and time management skills
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- Casual dress code
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.