Who is Financeit?
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, focused on the home improvement industry, but also with clients in the vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. The Financeit platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in market.
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced Creative Director to lead the Creative Services team in the execution of all design needs for the organization. You will be the lead brand steward and ambassador.
You’re a design nerd who is crazy about design and making things look beautiful. You love helping businesses grow and you love working with great people to achieve common goals. You’re a motivated self-starter with strong knowledge of current design principles and strong presentation and organizational skills. You should be a proven leader and team player with experience at managing multiple projects and creative staff against tight deadlines.
What you'll do:
- Lead our Creative team in developing a strong voice for our merchant audience
- Build a strong brand through the creation of meaningful collateral and content
- Manage the Creative Services team, providing creative inspiration, guidance and mentorship
- Keep up-to-date with trends in branding, marketing, and advertising
- Present creative decisions with clarity and design rationale
- Manage design requests to ensure they stay on track and meet deadlines
- Translate creative vision across multiple channels
- Work with all levels and teams within the organization
- Be a thought leader with highly creative ideas
- Proficient at Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Sketch, and other video programs
- Minimum 8 years of experience as a Creative director or similar
- Previous management experience, leading designers, content writers, developers
- Experience managing client projects and an ability to build relationships with various stakeholders
- Experience managing multiple projects and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Experience working with data
- Knowledge on how to maintain and evolve brand and creative guidelines for efficiency and consistency; Brand vision, impact of the brand on Culture
- Strong understanding of UX, led web / UX projects
- Animation and editing skills (motion graphic is a plus)
- Photography skills
- High level of knowledge and proficiency in Adobe CC (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), Sketch 3, HTML, Wordpress and CSS
- Strong understanding of typography, graphics, marketing and communications
- Copywriting experience is a plus
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures™ in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- RRSP Contribution matching
- Maternity leave top up program
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- Casual dress code
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application, along with links to your design portfolio and we’ll contact you if you’re selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.