Vice President (VP) of Marketing
Who is Financeit?
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, focused on the home improvement industry, but also with clients in the vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. The Financeit platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in market.
About the role:
Financeit is looking for an exceptional VP of Marketing to lead our marketing team and support our continued growth. As a member of our Executive team and reporting into the CEO, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to craft and communicate our unique value proposition to our target audiences, and help enable our sales and client success organizations to effectively grow the business.
This role requires industry expertise in building B2B / SaaS Marketing organizations. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of all things digital including optimizing our website to achieve defined business goals and launching new strategies to generate leads. This role is highly visible and cross-functional, involving regular communication with executive management, product management, and sales leadership. You will be an active member of our Executive team.
- Strategy & Positioning
- Work with the company’s executive leadership team to help articulate the positioning of the company
- Identify the key performance objectives required for success and how the Marketing team can support the pursuit of those objectives
- Define a concrete marketing strategy that supports the company’s key performance objectives
- Develop and manage a marketing budget for the company
- Develop a view on Marketing’s role in the Home Services industry
- Manage all Marketing Activities
- Define and execute a PR strategy that capitalizes on opportunities to build awareness in the market for the Financeit corporate brand
- Oversee and execute strategy on company marketing initiatives that contribute to our high growth goals, including lead generation, customer acquisition, marketing operations, content, social media, PR, branding, and trade show events
- Serve as a champion for customer experience across the various customer touchpoints
- Build a strong brand through the creation of meaningful collateral and content
- Responsible for all our online marketing activities which include the evolution of our website and online presence across all digital channels
- Lead and improve upon existing enterprise / account based marketing strategies for our Big Box and OEM merchants in the Home Services industry
- Provide ongoing sales support to drive towards shared business goals
- Manage the various marketing-related requests from across the organization and effectively prioritize work for the team ensuring a manageable and motivating work environment
- Build a Strong Marketing Team
- Lead the strategic planning process for the marketing team
- Mentor, and empower the Financeit marketing team while developing a long-term plan for its structure and growth
- Scale and lead our Creative team in developing a strong voice for our merchant audience
- Work Effectively in a Cross-Functional Environment
- Deeply understand the needs of customers and cross-functional stakeholders to position Financeit for continued success in existing verticals, while driving the vision for expansion into new business lines with new products
- Align closely with product and sales teams to understand our merchants needs, create go-to-market strategies, and work with our PR and Design teams to create communication and collateral that reflects the company brand and value
- Work with our Business Intelligence team to exercise a data-centric approach to use data to improve future marketing campaigns and results
- 10+ years experience in B2B / SaaS marketing, ideally with hands-on experience in both Canada and the US
- Prior experience building and managing teams in high-growth environments
- Experience working and creating alignment cross-functionally
- Excellent communication skills written, verbal, and visual are a must
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience, MBA a plus
- Experience working with marketing automation platforms such as Pardot, Omniture, Hubspot, etc.
- Experience working with analytics platforms and CRM platforms
- Expert in all things related to digital marketing (SEO, SEM, social, etc.)
- Experience working in a shared services oriented organization
- Understanding of the Home Services industry is a plus
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- RRSP Contribution matching
- Maternity leave top up program
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- Casual dress code
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.