Who is Financeit?
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, focused on the home improvement industry, but also with clients in the vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. Financeit's platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in the market.
About the role:
As Creative Director, you are dually responsible for leading a multidisciplinary team of designers, writers and developers to deliver on all creative needs across the organization, including marketing campaigns and digital and print media production, as well as serving as our lead brand architect and ambassador as we continue to define our voice for the future.
We’re looking for a design-obsessive who cultivates excellence in their team and who can also step in and do the work themselves at the highest level. Reporting to the Director of User Experience, our Creative Director should be a natural leader with a distinguished creative track record who will internalize our values and project them to both external and internal audiences. As focused as we are on creating unique, category-defining products, we are also building a distinct and inclusive culture. We have won awards for our culture—we want more.
As the face of creative marketing at Financeit, you are comfortable collaborating with team members from across the organization, from the Executive team to Operations, People Success, Technology, and others.
You are focused and organized. You live in the space where groundbreaking creative work meets the practical realities of tight deadlines and the competing demands of a fast-paced organization that demands nothing but excellent work.
- 6+ years in a leadership role in a creative environment (in-house or agency).
- Proven knowledge of brand development, digital marketing, user-centered experience design, and the creative process, as well as new platforms and technologies.
- Ability to provide clear creative direction as well as timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes that keep work on budget and on schedule.
- Experience working collaboratively with designers, copywriters and developers—we want a Creative Director who is a strong leader and will foster team camaraderie.
- Bold leadership skills. We need someone who is confident in everything from team building and mentoring to guiding large groups of creative talent.
- Effective presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels for both internal and client audiences.
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources based on short- and long-term needs. Timelines, budgets and availabilities change, and we need someone who can roll with it.
- Solid grounding in UX and design research.
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- RSP Contribution matching
- Maternity leave top up program
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work hours
With your application, please include a link to your online portfolio to be considered.
Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.