Risk Analyst, Strategy & Analytics (U.S.)
Who is Financeit?
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, focused on the home improvement industry, but also with clients in the vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. Financeit's platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in the market.
About the role:
We’re looking for someone to provide value added business/data analytics and reporting to the management, board and stakeholders for the U.S. lending business. The individual will perform reporting and analysis on the consumer loan portfolio and respective risk strategies, including the design, development, and implementation of ongoing monthly risk reporting (dashboard and reporting package production). Working under the direction of Senior Manager, Modelling & Analytics, this role also supports the development and ongoing monitoring of new origination strategies in the US and Canada.
- Perform reporting and analysis on portfolio segments and credit risk strategies
- Identify patterns in data and recommend improvements in strategies and quantify the benefits; present recommendations to management and senior management
- Assist the design, development, and implementation of risk models to support new account origination and fraud identification/mitigation
- Work with business leads to understand business objectives and needs for portfolio insights and document requirements to design, develop, and implement appropriate analytics and reporting to deliver the required insights
- Design, develop, and implement risk reporting packages/dashboards for monthly/quarterly distribution (e.g. origination, credit performance, profit/loss metrics, delinquency)
- Develop and maintain risk management and modeling/analytics documentation supporting analytics and reporting procedures.
- Assist in maintaining production risk management data/reporting infrastructure
- University degree in Business, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics or other quantitative discipline
- Hands on experience conducting credit risk analytics and reporting to support consumer credit origination and/or portfolio management strategies is a must
- 2+ years of relevant experience using advanced tools such as SAS, R, Python, SQL, for the purpose of data mining, analytics, reporting, and generating business insights
- Good understanding of credit bureau data and internal account data used for generating models and strategies
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Looker, Tableau, Qlik, etc. an asset
- Expertise with data manipulation, cleaning, and visualization, reporting techniques, and report automation
- Strong analytical problem solving skills with the ability to critically evaluate business problems and find optimal solutions
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and efficiently
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player, capable of working both independently and in a team environment with high attention to detail for accuracy, and initiative to follow up on items and get things done
- Advanced skills in using MS Excel and PowerPoint or Google equivalents to create management presentations
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- Casual dress code
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.