Who is Financeit?
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, focused on the home improvement industry, but also with clients in the vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. Financeit's platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in the market.
About the role:
Financeit is looking for a seasoned Collections Specialist to join the Collections team!
What you’ll do:
- Negotiate payment of debts in accordance with client and company guidelines
- Reduce aging and balance delinquencies
- Conduct skip tracing
- Coordinate outbound collection letters
- Suggest improvements on operational processes and establish best practices
- Produce reports, analyze data, identify trends, and provide recommendations
- Identify and escalate risks as well as potential fraud
- Update and document collection files with detailed information from clients, customers, agencies, and maintain professional communications
- Support the collections team and management on all objectives
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a proven collections expert in a banking or agency setting
- Bilingual in English and French is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong understanding of consumer credit (secured and unsecured)
- Excellent collections, skip tracing, and negotiation skills
- Excellent customer service skills and de-escalation abilities
- Proven track record of curing difficult accounts
- Thorough understanding of all privacy and collection laws
- Some US Collection experience is an asset
- Repossession and PPSA experience is an asset
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PPT, Google solutions – Chrome, Docs, Mail, Calendar, etc
- University Degree, College Diploma, and/or years of related experience
- Flexible hours and weekends
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- RSP Contribution matching
- Maternity leave top up program
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work hours
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.