Technical Product Owner
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, focused on the home improvement industry, but also with clients in the vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. The Financeit platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in market.
About the role:
We are looking for individuals to lead cross-functional agile teams in building the next iteration of our market leading platform.
You will help your team ship the right products for our customers. You’re a detail oriented and analytical team player with a positive attitude and the experience to lead product development teams through all stages of the product lifecycle. You are also comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced and high-pressure startup environment, and hold yourself accountable for results.
This position will report directly to the Director, Product Management and work closely with everyone on the Financeit team.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Product Management and/or Operations to create and groom a product backlog prioritized according to the maximum value that advances strategic product growth or operational efficiency targets.
- Provide backlog prioritization, iteration planning, and elaboration of the upcoming iteration priorities to ensure team work is focused on delivering maximum value at any given time.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders for optimum solutions to delivering customer value, including UX, Finance, Legal, and Compliance to deliver product in a regulated industry.
- Lead 1-2 product development teams, consisting of UX Designers, Content Writers, Developers and Quality Assurance groups in an agile product development cycle to facilitate timely iterative delivery.
- Facilitate the process for the team to figure out “how” a feature/story will be developed, including the breaking down of stories/requirements into technical tasks and effort estimation.
- Facilitate daily stand-ups, sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos.
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing.
- Monitor, track and provide outward communication for improved transparency on the team’s progress against their delivery goals for key product/feature releases.
- Collaborate with our Agile Coaches in guiding the team through the process of getting the best out of Agile collaboration and organization tools (Jira) and rituals (stand ups, retrospectives, etc) and in shielding the team from outside distractions.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product management, business analysis, or software development management.
- Minimum of 2 years leading dev teams in an Agile environment through continuous delivery of product roadmaps.
- Knowledge and/or experience of Kanban, Scrum Methodologies, Extreme Programming and other team level Agile frameworks along with their strengths and shortcomings.
- Direct experience building out complex web/SaaS platforms for the banking / lending/ FinTech industry a big plus.
- Direct experience integrating automation platforms and proven track record in process improvement a big plus.
- Direct experience integrating with with 3rd party vendors / partners via API communications.
- A knack for understanding customer needs and translating them into amazing products.
- Analytical and meticulous - can easily find the edge cases when developing business requirements.
- Exceptional written and in-person presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Attention to detail and the tenacity to make sure quality standards are high.
- Ability to work with other disciplines to help make barriers disappear.
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- RSP Contribution matching
- Maternity leave top up program
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work hours
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.