Who is Financeit?
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, servicing the home improvement, vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. The Financeit platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in market.
About the role:
Financeit is a growing company, and we’re looking for someone who can accelerate our growth! We are looking for a Senior Recruiter with full-cycle recruiting experience, from talent sourcing and attracting candidates to interviewing and hiring great employees. As a Senior Recruiter, you will be responsible for delivering on all aspects of the recruiting process and will be involved in attending recruiting events, conducting pre-screening and interviewing, scheduling interviews, and completing background and reference checks.
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about finding top talent that will assist our People Success team in championing Financeit’s unique culture! Our ideal recruiter holds an academic HR background combined with work experience in screening, interviewing and assessing candidates. Ultimately, the responsibilities of the Senior Recruiter are to ensure our company attracts, hires and retains the best employees, while growing a strong talent pipeline.
What you’ll do:
- Implement overall recruiting strategy and assist with the design of this strategy
- Develop and update job descriptions, job profiles, and job specifications
- Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job boards
- Source and recruit candidates by using databases, social media and other resources
- Pre-screen candidates resumes and job applications
- Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates within schedule
- Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, competencies, soft skills, experience and aptitudes
- Schedule interviews with candidates for hiring managers
- Coordinate the offer process, and conduct reference, background and credit checks
- Monitor and apply HR recruiting best practices
- Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports to the rest of the team
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Build networks to find qualified passive candidates.
- Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Promote company’s reputation as “best place to work”
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum 5 years of recruitment experience.
- Diploma/Degree in Human Resources or other appropriate field preferred; CHRP designation preferred.
- Experience in competency profiling and job analysis an asset.
- Ability to strategically design and manage a recruiting budget.
- Previous experience with the competency profiling would be an asset.
- Proven work experience as a Recruiter (either an in-house recruiter or at a staffing agency)
- Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured, competency-based, stress etc). Experience developing competency based interview guides, and scorecards would be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with HR databases and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
- Hands-on experience with recruiting software, as well as Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and employees.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Innovative thinker, able to use and develop new sources for recruitment.
Some of the perks of working at Financeit:
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- Casual dress code
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process."