Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Who is Financeit?
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, servicing the home improvement, vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. The Financeit platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in market.
About the role:
We are looking for a QA Analyst to join our product development team. We’re searching for passionate candidates looking to work with a great team of Developers, Front End Developers, Designers & Product Managers. With a mix of manual and automated testing techniques you’ll use industry best practices and cutting edge technologies to ensure quality. Help us build a sales financing platform for the 21st century!
What you'll do:
- Upstream testing and analysis to prevent bugs from entering the product
- Creating, maintaining and executing test plans that test the product from end-to-end
- Being an advocate for the user before the product hits the market
- Executing test routines for integration, system, functional and UAT
- Effectively collaborating with team members, including Designers & Developers, to achieve the best results
- Providing test reports to Product Mangers & QA Manager to keep team updated on progress
- Minimum of 3 years of full time work experience in QA with a focus on manual testing
- Experience with all phases of the testing lifecycle with a strong focus on requirement analysis, gap analysis, test case creation and execution
- Must exhibit strong understanding of testing processes, methodologies and standards
- Must have prior experience with test automation
- Motivated to get involved in requirements gathering and translate that into test plans
- Keen interest in working in smaller, closely knit teams of Front End Developers & Designers
- Desire is to make QA a repeatable and scalable function, rather than having to constantly regression test
- You look to understand the underlying “why” of product and understand the business inside-out
- Proactive – you love giving feedback and strive to build a simple, better product
- Recommended experience with CI servers, rspec, cucumber and Ruby on Rails, Linux, however this is not a requirement
- Experience with cross browser and mobile testing is an asset
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work hours
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.