Who is Financeit?
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, servicing the home improvement, vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. The Financeit platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in market.
About the role:
As a Devops Engineer, you have deep technical knowledge, with at least 3 years experience in DevOps Work in AWS. Which should also include a minimum experience of 3 years Linux Systems administration. You’re always curious, a tinkerer and an engineer who uses ingenuity to solve hard problems. You have a security-focused mindset and approach everything with information security in mind. You have an insatiable appetite for learning and sharing your knowledge. You thrive in fast-paced startup environments and multi-task with ease. You hold yourself accountable for results. You are a developer first, systems administrator second.
At Financeit you will be the first full time employee dedicated to devops, and be allowed to take ownership of our production system configuration and its security. You will be joining a high flying team seeing enormous success in market. You will also work with incredible colleagues that strive for excellence day in and day out.
What you'll do:
- Hosted and Cloud Infrastructure Management (AWS, Digital Ocean)
- Infrastructure Monitoring - responding to system alerts and resolving them
- Server Setup Configuration and Administration using AWS Cloudformation and/or Ansible
- Server Patch Management
- MySQL and Postgresql Setup and Administration
- Systems Security Audit
- Systems Capacity Planning
- Attend and participate in Cybersecurity Training
- Become part of the Cybersecurity Pod become a champion to support Financeit’s Security and Availability initiatives
- Participate in infrastructure design discussions
- Implement change requests
- Respond to alerts or tickets concerning servers
- Perform System Patches and Upgrades
- Support the development and QA teams with their test infrastructure
- Other tasks to be assigned from time to time
- Proficiency with AWS Cloudformation and Ansible (Chef or Puppet proficiency also a plus)
- Proficiency with Amazon Code Deploy, and various CI/CD platforms
- Minimum of 3 years experience with Systems Linux Administration
- Expert knowledge with scripting languages
- Experience managing modern firewalls like AWS Security Groups and Sophos UTM for AWS
- Excellent with all things related to MySQL and Postgresql, including replication, and database server tuning
- Comfortable writing bash scripts, as well as using any language to automate server related tasks
- Minimum of 2 years Experience with Ruby or similar scripting language
- Excellent communication skills
- Always aims for simplicity when designing solutions
- Likes Starwars (optional)
Location: Financeit headquarters - downtown Toronto
Hours: 9 - 5:00 PM with flexible schedule
This position will report directly to the Director of IT and work closely with everyone on the Financeit team.
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- RSP Contribution matching
- Maternity leave top up program
- Casual dress code
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.