Fraud Prevention Specialist
Who is Financeit?
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, servicing the home improvement, vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. The Financeit platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in market.
About the role:
We are looking for a self-motivated and energetic Fraud Prevention Specialist to join our Risk Management Department. The incumbent is responsible for preventing and minimizing losses from fraudulent activity. This is achieved by working alerts generated by fraud monitoring systems and/or reports, analyzing activity/trends, and reviewing previous activity and making recommendations for enhancements to processes and procedures.
Your responsibilities in this role will also include assessing active merchant partners in Canada and the US ensuring fraud related risks are minimized and policies and controls are adhered to.
You will have a proven track record as an individual with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced and changing environment.
What you'll do:
- Review and resolve high risk alerts within required service level agreements
- Make outbound calls or take inbound calls from borrowers to confirm identity through knowledge-based authentication
- Perform investigations where an account has been opened and fraud is suspected
- Ensure fraud incident reports are completed on a timely basis
- Reporting incidents to the relevant authorities and cooperating in investigations as needed
- Developing and monitoring ongoing reporting of fraud trends, including merchant relationships
- Working closely and effectively with the Operations team in sharing information and trends to ensure large scale fraud trends are identified and actioned quickly
- Escalating new/emerging fraud trends to management so that new fraud detection rules can be implemented
- Reviewing frauds caught and missed on a daily basis to ensure continuous improvement in fraud detection effectiveness.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bilingualism an asset
- Strong analytical skills, attention-to-detail, and ability to make effective decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other related discipline
- Strong planning, organizing and time management skills
- Proficiency in software productivity tools such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings up to 9 pm and weekends
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- Casual dress code
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.