Front-End Software Developer
Who is Financeit?
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, servicing the home improvement, vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. The Financeit platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in market.
About the role:
Our Development team is searching for experienced full stack Frontend Software Developers to join the Financeit team and to help our company in pursuit of our vision and goals! If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing fintech company where your development work will make a difference, you’ve found the right place.
Often the toolset will grow depending on the nature of the business requirements and the problem being solved. Particular responsibilities for a Developer will include:
- Working closely with other Developers, Product Managers, Designers, Testers and Business Stakeholders to understand and gather requirements
- Reading and maintaining the existing code base
- Designing and writing clean and testable code
- Experience in Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, iOS, Android and other cutting-edge technologies
- Excited about and capable of building both modern single page applications as well as more traditional server-side generated pages.
- Proud of writing clean, testable, and maintainable code
- Curiosity and excitement about technology and continuous learning and development
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines under pressure
- Not afraid to think
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work hours
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.