Who is Financeit?
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, servicing the home improvement, vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. The Financeit platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in market.
About the role:
We are looking for an Agile Coach to join our product development team. We’re searching for passionate candidates looking to work with a great team of Developers, QA Analysts, Front End Developers, Designers & Product Managers. Help us build a sales financing platform for the 21st century!
What you'll do:
- Act as an Agile Coach for 1-2 teams with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work
- Facilitate sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Facilitate the process for the team to figure out “how” a feature/story will be developed, including the breaking down of stories/requirements into technical tasks
- Guide the effort estimation and planning process
- Liaise between the developers, testers and designers. Foster better communication between the disciplines
- Ensure cross-team coordination
- Act as a mediator between Product Owner and Developers/Testers/Designers when necessary
- Reach out to the larger company network for impediment removal
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing
- Guide the team through the process of getting the best out of Agile collaboration and organisation tools (Jira, etc) and rituals (stand ups, etc)
- Work with other Agile Coaches to share knowledge and ensure that our ways of working are consistent, when possible, across the teams
- Monitor, track and provide outward communication for improved transparency on the team’s progress against their delivery goals for key product/feature releases
- Acts as a safeguard for the team - shielding them from outside distractions and interferences.
- Assist the Product Manager with keeping the backlog groomed
- At least 3 years experience working in an agile environment, preferably in a variety of situations
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Knowledge and/or experience of Kanban, Scrum Methodologies, Extreme Programming and other team level Agile frameworks along with their strengths and shortcomings
- Expertise in estimation and planning. I.e. knows how to create useful, reliable and practical plans for software development projects.
- Highly articulate with excellent communication skills in English both in written and spoken form
- Strong listening skills and facilitation skills
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- RSP Contribution matching
- Maternity leave top up program
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work hours
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.