Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Who is Centah:
Acquired by Financeit in 2017, Centah is a lead and workflow management company that allows some of North America’s largest home improvement businesses to distribute and manage leads, powering over $3 billion in annual sales. One of the driving forces behind Centah’s industry-leading platform is a full-service contact centre that specializes in inbound and outbound support for the home improvement industry.
Centah is a small (but not too small), tight-knit arm of Financeit that provides an excellent opportunity for career growth. In this role, you will be working closely with the Centah team located in Vaughan, Ontario.
About the role:
We are looking for a QA Analyst to join our product development team. We’re searching for passionate candidates looking to work with a great team of Developers, Front End Developers, Designers & Product Managers. With a mix of manual and automated testing techniques you’ll use industry best practices and cutting edge technologies to ensure quality. Help us build an Enterprise platform for the 21st century!
What you’ll do:
- Upstream testing and analysis to prevent bugs from entering the product
- Creating, maintaining and executing test plans that test the product from end-to-end
- Being an advocate for the user before the product hits the market
- Executing test routines for integration, system, functional and UAT
- Effectively collaborating with team members, including Product Manager, other QAs and Developers, to achieve the best results
- Providing test reports to Product Managers & QA Lead to keep team updated on progress
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time work experience in QA with a focus on manual testing
- Experience with all phases of the testing lifecycle with a strong focus on requirement analysis, gap analysis, test case creation and execution
- Must exhibit strong understanding of testing processes, methodologies and standards
- Must have prior experience with test automation (preferably Selenium WebDriver)
- Motivated to get involved in requirements gathering and translate that into test plans
- Keen interest in working in smaller, closely knit teams of Developers, Front End Developers & Product Manager
- Desire is to make QA a repeatable and scalable function, rather than having to constantly regression test
- You look to understand the underlying “why” of product and understand the business inside-out
- Proactive – you love giving feedback and strive to build a simple, better product
- Recommended experience with CI servers, rspec, cucumber and Ruby on Rails, Linux, however this is not a requirement
- Must have prior experience with cross browser and mobile testing
- Experience with writing basic SQL queries
- Ability to read and understand code is an asset
We offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- Career learning and development programs
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work hours
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.