Business Development Associate
Who is Financeit?
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, servicing the home improvement, vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. The Financeit platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in market.
About the role:
Financeit is seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented Business Development Associate, who will be responsible for prospecting and closing new merchants and driving loan volume with set merchants. You will play a key role in supporting Financeit’s growth objectives by identifying potential new merchants, getting them approved and using our platform to fund financing volume.
What you'll do:
- Develop strong relationships with potential new merchants
- Identify potential new accounts while following up on inbound sales inquiries and other lead lists
- Use expert product knowledge and sales consultation to increase partner activity
- Teach businesses how to use our set of tools to position financing and offer monthly payments
- Partner with marketing, sales, and production managers to create and implement business strategies for attracting and signing new merchants
- Ensure compliance to our approval and risk requirements
- Create and share best practices
- BA degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of experience with hands-on direct sales and relationship management
- 2 years of experience in lending, financial services or banking is preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in managing successful business-to-business sales and service relationships in an asset
- Experience in consumer lending, SaaS or financial services is preferred
- You know your way around a CRM, ideally Salesforce
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure
- Strong customer service and retail background are pluses
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- Casual dress code
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.