Who is Financeit?
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, servicing the home improvement, vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. The Financeit platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in market.
About the role:
Financeit is looking to add a Junior Accountant to the Finance team! We need someone who understands day-to-day accounting functions and possesses an understanding of how consumer lending works. Advanced excel skills are a must. Keen attention to details paired with prioritizing the important issues is key. The right candidate can thrive in a fast-paced environment, and come up with creative solutions to complex problems. If you’re someone who likes to learn and improve how things are done then this is the role for you.
What you’ll do:
- Post daily journal entries
- Reconcile bank accounts and loan portfolios
- Help with preparing reporting to lenders
- Oversee the full-cycle accounts payables process
- Assist with month-end closing process, including accruals, financial reporting and ad hoc analysis
- Maintain capital assets ledger and continuity schedule
- Assist with annual audit
- Perform other duties, tasks or special projects as assigned with the focus on cost savings or efficiency
- Bachelor's Degree
- 0+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Advanced Excel skills are a must (v-lookup, pivot tables, sumif)
- Currently or expecting to enrol in CPA program
- Knowledge of GAAP concepts and day-to-day accounting is required
- Previous experience in audit, treasury and compliance functions is considered an asset
- Solid two-way communication skills, both verbal and written
- Takes initiative, is accountable, well-organized, finds innovative and efficient methods of completing tasks
- General understanding of lending and credit
- Experience in accounting for financial services or e-commerce operations is an asset
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- RSP Contribution matching program
- Maternity leave top up program
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- Casual dress code
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.