Who is Financeit?
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, servicing the home improvement, vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. The Financeit platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in market
About the role:
We are looking for a self-motivated and energetic Credit Analyst to join our Lending Department. This role will support various teams within the operations division: funding, underwriting, collections, sales and service. You have a proven track record of working independently in a fast-paced and changing environment. You have a strong credit background and are able to identify trends to improve portfolio performance. You take the initiative to ensure credit and fraud related risks are minimized.
The responsibilities of the Credit Analyst include disbursing all applications, auditing loan quality, reporting portfolio performance, monitoring partner activity, assisting with compliance management and performing secondary review on all loans.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a credit or underwriting role within a financial institution, have a proven track record to improve efficiency, and the ability to maintain focus in a fast-paced and changing environment.
What you’ll do:
Reviewing & Funding Applications
- Review underwriter and funding officer tasks on all applications that are in ready for funding state
- Request additional adjudication on loans that contain errors on: Proof of Income calculation or Funding Documentation.
- Escalate and interrupt the disbursal of a loan that contravenes any funding and disbursal policies as outlined in the underwriting guideline and Red Flag Requirements
- Adhere to all compliance measures as outlined in the Compliance Management Program and Consumer Law Policies
- Monitor and flag any applications that are suspected of Fraudulent Activity up to and including Identity Theft to the risk and lending management team for further action.
- Work closely with Customer Service, Underwriting, Risk, Sales and Tech teams in ensuring excellent customer service levels and product integrity.
- Evaluate existing partners on an ongoing basis and their current state of credibility, profitability and potential fraud or risk assessment
- Review escalations from the Funding, Underwriting, Sales and Risk team
- Work with Sales and Operations managers to provide feedback and training opportunities for staff development
- Run ad hoc training sessions based on trends identified during audits
- Analyze existing credit and reporting trends to identify opportunities, gaps, and areas of concern/improvement for the lending team.
- Provide general assistance with ad hoc reporting as necessary
- Support the loan auditing process by reviewing and evaluating a set of funded loans on a quarterly basis.
- Brainstorm and create various new insightful research projects using available data and share with key stakeholders
- Understand and use our UAT environment to test new product changes as required by the business
- Crossed trained to assist in underwriting, funding and partner application approvals as required across CAD and US business.
- Be the liaison between Sales, Merchant Approval, Merchant Activation and Risk team and other departments as required by the business.
- Minimum 2 years of credit analysis or related industry experience
- In-depth knowledge of Risk Management and Credit Evaluation
- Strong analytical skills and extreme attention to detail
- Strong problem solver
- Solid planning, organizing and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and can adjust priorities on-the-fly
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Bachelor’s degree
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- RSP Contribution matching
- Maternity leave top up program
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- Casual dress code
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.