Senior Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, servicing the home improvement, vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. The Financeit platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in market.
About the role:
The Senior Manager, Strategic Initiatives under the direction of Strategic Initiatives, will primarily be responsible for assisting with the planning and execution of strategic projects. This role will have exposure across all business units and will work cross-functionally with teams to execute projects. The successful candidate will bring experience and passion for a blend of project leadership, strategic development, analytics, project management and reporting.
What you’ll do:
- Support the strategic planning process, and ensure project delivery meets the business case objectives of scope, budget, timeline and quality
- Collaborate with business units to build consensus on strategic initiatives and identify interdependencies, risks, resourcing, and timing
- Establish project KPIs and help deliver value from projects through consistent quality, structure and clarity of all project deliverables
- Develop and execute on the cross-functional plan including establishing governance, reporting, communication and change management for strategic initiatives
- Monitor and report on project progress to stakeholders
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree a plus
- Prior experience in consulting is an asset
- A strategic thinker with proven project management skills
- Ability to establish project objectives, build work plans, assemble teams, and deliver results
- Strong communication skills and a team player with a proven ability to work cross-functionally within an organization
- A self-starter who thrives working in ambiguous situations and a fast-paced work environment
- Experience developing and delivering executive level presentations
- Highly organized and detail oriented, comfortable balancing multiple competing projects
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- RSP Contribution matching
- Maternity leave top up program
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work hours
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.