Senior Financial Analyst
Who is Financeit?
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, servicing the home improvement, vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. The Financeit platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in market.
About the role:
Do you want an exciting career in one of the fastest growing companies in the FinTech industry? Do you want to be part of an innovative, entrepreneurial team that disrupts the financial and business services space? Do you want to be challenged and influence change in a fast-paced environment? If you’ve answered yes to all of the above, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an experienced finance professional with a proven track record for producing accurate and timely results (or an exceptional recent graduate with a strong history of community involvement). This position will report to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, and have responsibility for supporting all parts of our budgeting process, management reporting, as well as ad-hoc reporting and analysis functions.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the annual budgeting and quarterly reforecasting process
- Perform detailed month end variance analysis, complete with commentary and recommendations
- Identify and monitor trends, utilize data and perform analysis with financial modeling to drive business decisions
- Produce timely and accurate KPI reports with clear, concise, and meaningful analysis
- Assist with the preparation of Board reporting packages as well as Investor and Lender decks
- Work in cross-functional teams and interact directly with all levels of the Leadership team, from directors to executives
- Maintain detailed supporting documentation and records
- Assist with other ad-hoc duties needed as required
- CPA/CFA designation or MBA required
- Superior Excel skills required (complex formulas, advanced functions, tables/pivot tables)
- Experience with accounting systems an asset
- 2-3 years of experience in financial analysis, preferably in financial services
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting
- Takes initiative and is able to perform in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance to meet corporate and team objectives
- Solid two-way communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and intellectual curiosity
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- RRSP matching program
- Maternity top up program
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- Casual dress code
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.