Junior Merchant Underwriter
Who is Financeit?
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, servicing the home improvement, vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. The Financeit platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in market.
About the role:
The Junior Merchant Underwriter is responsible for ensuring that all merchants are reviewed, meet the underwriting guidelines, and are communicated with regularly throughout the approval process. The Junior Merchant Underwriter has a mission to maximize the merchant approval rate and the quality of merchants Financeit partners with.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be motivated, organized, detail-oriented and focused on customer service above all else. You are an enthusiastic, team player with a positive attitude, and are regarded as a strong and personable communicator. You are comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced and high pressure environment, while holding yourself accountable for results.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure all appropriate documentation and information have been obtained from merchants
- Respond to incoming merchant inquiries as required
- Ensure merchant accounts are properly notated
- Review and determine when policy exceptions are reasonable and communicate effectively to management
- Manage communication effectively when communicating underwriting decisions back to merchants
- Communicate escalations and suspicious merchant applications to management immediately for resolution
- Maximize merchant approval rate and the quality of merchants Financeit partners with
- Communicate process and system gaps when discovered to appropriate levels of management
- Strive to meet individual and team targets on a monthly basis
- College diploma, BA degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in customer service financial services industry is preferred
- Experience with sales and relationship management is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Commercial Underwriting experience is a valuable asset
- Effective communication skills in English
- French considered a strong asset
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure
- Strong customer service and retail background are pluses
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- RSP matching program
- Maternity top up program
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- Casual dress code
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.