Project Manager (1 year Contract)
Who is Centah?
Acquired by Financeit in 2017, Centah is a lead and workflow management company that allows some of North America’s largest home improvement businesses to distribute and manage leads, powering over $3 billion in annual sales. One of the driving forces behind Centah’s industry-leading platform is a full-service contact centre that specializes in inbound and outbound support for the home improvement industry.
Centah is a small (but not too small), tight-knit arm of Financeit that provides an excellent opportunity for career growth. In this role, you will be working closely with the Centah team located in Concord, Ontario.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to lead the day to day development priorities of a Work-Flow & Lead Management SaaS product. You will work with Agile software development team(s) and be responsible for multiple, simultaneous implementation projects for our enterprise clients.
You are a servant leader who is guiding the team through their day-to-day activities, facilitating team rituals (daily standups, sprint planning/retros etc), removing impediments and distractions in order to create the optimal conditions for the team to meet or exceed our clients’ expectations. You also excel at multitasking in a fast-paced and high-pressure startup environment, and hold yourself accountable for results.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the intake process for client requests, setting accurate expectations with the Account Management team
- Act as a mediator between Account Management team and Developers/QA team when necessary. Shields team from outside distractions and interferences.
- Facilitating tough prioritization discussions with business decision owners to determine which client requests will be taken up in the next release and which ones will be deprioritized
- Occasionally assist Business Analysts with the definition of business and functional requirements for new client project deliverables
- Oversee the configuration, customization and delivery of the Work Flow and Lead Management products to new enterprise customers
- Help the team collaborate effectively and manage their work successfully so that they can make realistic Client commitments and deliver on them reliably
- Facilitates the process for the team to figure out “how” a feature/new client implementation will be developed, including the breaking down of business requirements into technical tasks
- Ensuring every item the team is working on gets tracked correctly (in Jira)
- Maintaining relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing and providing outward communication for improved transparency on the team’s progress against their delivery commitments
- Minimum of 5 years management experience leading dev teams in an Agile environment
- Direct experience building out complex web/SaaS platforms
- Direct experience leading projects that involved multiple platforms
- Managing resources between competing priorities to deliver all projects on time
- Exceptional written and in-person presentation skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to engage customers & stakeholders and ask them the right questions
- Attention to detail and the tenacity to make sure quality standards are high
- Ability to work with other disciplines to help make barriers disappear
We offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- Regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Career learning and development programs
- Casual dress code
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.