Who is Financeit?
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, servicing the home improvement, vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. The Financeit platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in market.
About the role:
We’re looking for a curious and passionate UX Researcher to join our growing team! You should apply if:
- You have experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methods, with a desire to develop new, effective methods tailored to a startup environment
- You’re approachable and articulate, encouraging open feedback from teammates and stakeholders
- You’re assertive and ready to advocate for user-centric thinking in all stages of the product life cycle across the organization
- You love working with data and are comfortable synthesizing complex information into succinct summaries to inform business and design decisions
- You’re confident in working in a fast-paced environment and able to deliver results quickly
- You’re comfortable performing a balance of both research and UX architecture responsibilities
What you'll do:
- Apply various research methods (e.g. interviews, surveys, moderated/unmoderated usability tests) to inform both product and service design
- Create personas, journey maps and other artifacts that describe our users’ evolving characteristics and behaviors; promoting empathy and informing ongoing product iteration
- Plan and execute research recruitment strategies, targeting segments of our nationwide user base or potential external participants
- Analyze data, interpret results, and summarize key research findings in a compelling manner, providing clear and actionable recommendations to a cross-disciplinary audience of stakeholders
- Assemble and present concise summaries of key research insights and recommendations to stakeholders and internal teams
- Work with internal stakeholders to plan metrics for tracking new products or experiences
- Collaborate with the UX team to develop data-informed product and service strategies
- Ability to switch hats and take on UX design tasks such as user flows, wireframes and low fidelity prototypes
- Introduce new processes, concepts, and tools that drive user-centric design thinking across the organization
- BA or BS degree in Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Psychology or a related design discipline
- 1-3 years of experience in UX, design research or a similar role with research initiatives
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; comfortable presenting to groups
- Fluent in data analysis, research methodologies, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Online portfolio demonstrating your ability to gather and translate research insights into highly visual, succinct summaries
- Examples of where/how your research insights informed and benefitted design decisions
- Passion for understanding what drives user behavior
- NOTE: This is a junior to intermediate role
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- RSP Contribution matching
- Maternity leave top up program
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- Casual dress code
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.