Regional Sales Manager
Who is Financeit?
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, servicing the home improvement, vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. The Financeit platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in market.
About the role:
With a focus on driving sales volume in a defined territory, the Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for working with existing accounts and hunting and qualifying new prospects.
This B2B role involves dealing directly with the owners, finance managers and sales teams of Home Improvement and Home Services businesses looking to use our consumer financing platform and programs. This position will report directly to the Sales Manager and will work closely with everyone on the Financeit team.
To be successful in this new role, you must welcome challenge and be a driven performer motivated by exceeding targets. You are a seasoned hunter comfortable with cold calling, and you understand that once the deal is closed, the heavy lifting has just begun. You have the ability to stay organized while maintaining an “impossible to stay organized” speed, pay attention to small details, while never forgetting about the big ones and focusing on customer success above all else.
The Regional Sales Manager will be expected to focus at least 50% of their efforts in the field, hunting new prospects and interacting with signed merchants within their defined territory.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, maintain and manage strong relationships with our merchants through a minimum of one face to face meeting per merchant per month
- Generate and close new leads in the Home Improvement and Home Services industry
- Re-activate existing underperforming accounts as assigned in your territory
- Use expert product knowledge and sales consultation to increase merchant activity
- Regularly update and coach partners on the Financeit program and process
- Teach businesses how to use our set of tools to position financing and offer monthly payments
- Execute regular training and coaching sessions with merchants
- Ensure compliance to our approval and risk requirements
- Maintain accountability through daily and weekly reporting of all sales activities
- Produce reports, analyze data, identify trends, and provide recommendations
- Communicate process and system gaps when discovered to appropriate levels of management
- Strive to meet individual and team targets on a monthly basis
- Travel is required
- College diploma or Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience with hands-on direct sales and relationship management
- 2+ years of experience in lending, financial services or banking is preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in managing successful business-to-business sales and service relationships in an asset
- Experience in consumer lending, SaaS or financial services is preferred
- Experience using CRM tools, ideally Salesforce
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure
- Strong customer service and retail background are pluses
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- Casual dress code
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.