Credit Risk Specialist
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, focused on the home improvement industry, but also with clients in the vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. The Financeit platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in market.
About the role:
We are looking for a self-motivated and energetic Credit Risk Specialist to join our Risk Management Department. Your responsibilities in this role will include assessing new and active merchant partners in Canada and the US based on Financeit partner onboarding and risk monitoring policies, ensuring credit and fraud related risks are minimized and policies and controls are adhered to. The Credit Risk Specialist will also be responsible for the review/audit of funded loans, ensuring that risk and underwriting policies are within stated guidelines.
You will have a proven track record as an individual with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced and changing environment.
What you'll do:
- Assess all new potential merchant partners within the Canadian market and review company and business owner/director information to assess partner’s credit quality and performance as per Financeit onboarding guidelines
- Ongoing monitoring and evaluation of existing partners credit quality and performance, including assessing for potential fraud or AML risks
- Strong credit evaluation and analytical skills, including familiarity with applicable commercial credit bureau reports, financial statement assessment, and analysis measures
- Assess existing processes on an ongoing basis and make recommendations for improvement
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum 2 years of related experience working in indirect personal loan finance or similar. Preference will be given to candidates with direct experience in Home Improvement or Vehicle financing.
- Strong credit evaluation and analytical skills, including familiarity with both commercial and consumer credit bureau report analysis
- Intermediate level of understanding of financial statement and cash flow analysis including the calculation of key financial ratios
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other related discipline
- Strong planning, organizing and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bilingualism preferred
- U.S. experience an asset
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities on-the-fly
- Proficiency in MS Office
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- RSP Contribution matching
- Maternity leave top up program
- Casual dress code
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.