Who is Financeit?
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, servicing the home improvement, vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. The Financeit platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in market.
About the role:
Our Development team is searching for an experienced full stack Software Developer to join the Financeit team as a dedicated Data Engineer, and to help our company in pursuit of our vision and goals! If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing fintech company where your development work will make a difference, you’ve found the right place.
This role will allow you to combine the skillset of a Fullstack Developer with Data Engineering, Big Data and Data Science techniques, and collaborate with stakeholders throughout the company to help design and implement a state of the art reporting and analytics systems.
Additionally, experience architecting and implementing BI techniques such as Data Warehousing, ETL processes, and familiarity with reporting systems such as Looker or Tableau would be highly valuable in this position. This role will be tightly embedded with our BI team and will work closely with them to prioritize their initiatives.
Often the toolset will grow depending on the nature of the business requirements and the problem being solved. Particular responsibilities for an Data Engineer will include:
- Working closely with other Developers, Product Managers, Designers, Testers and Business Stakeholders to understand and gather requirements
- Reading and maintaining the existing code base
- Designing and writing clean and testable code
- Owning our reporting and BI toolset
- Investigating data architectures such as data lakes/warehouses.
- Integrate analytics into the development pipeline to ensure all projects ship with the required analytics in place to measure success.
- Experience with modern application frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with 3rd party tools such as Google Analytics, Heap, Pendo, etc.
- Proud of writing clean, testable, and maintainable code
- Curiosity and excitement about technology and continuous learning and development
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work at a steady, sustainable pace.
- Not afraid to think
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- RSP Contribution matching
- Maternity leave top up program
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work hours
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.