Who is Financeit?
Financeit is a market leading point-of-sale payment plan provider, focused on the home improvement industry, but also with clients in the vehicle and retail industries. Our innovative cloud-based technology makes it easy for merchants to increase close rates and transaction sizes with affordable monthly or bi-weekly payment plans. The Financeit platform features a fast, transparent application process and has approved over 8,000 merchant partners across Canada, received more than $3 billion in loan applications since launching in 2011.
We’re a diverse and dynamic company with an open office environment that’s seeking the best and brightest. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company, and large enough to make an impact in market.
About the role:
As an Junior Underwriter, you will be responsible for loan adjudication, vehicle valuation and credit assessments. Junior Underwriters are responsible for providing an uncompromising level of customer service to our Partners. This position reports directly to the Underwriting Manager and work closely with the rest of the Operations team.
To be successful in this new role, you will need to be organized, detail-oriented and focused on customer service above all else. You are a team player, strong communicator and highly personable. You are comfortable multi-tasking in a high-pressure environment and holding yourself accountable for results. We are a small team with big shoulders in an open office environment.
- Position type: Permanent, full-time (40 hours/week)
- Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5:30pm, 11am-7:30pm,12:30-9pm / Sat/Sunday 10am-6pm
- Location: Downtown Toronto
What you’ll do:
- Manage and complete the loan adjudication process from beginning to end, and underwrite loans according to Financeit’s lending policies while evaluating risk and insuring the quality of loans
- Evaluate all documents and condition loan accordingly
- Document reasoning for all loan decisions
- Identify loans for exceptions while ensuring proper procedures are followed for approval and documentation
- Maintain knowledge of lending requirements, internal policies and procedures, and compliance and regulatory requirements
- Strengthen and build lasting customer relationships with Partners
- Process Partner and Borrower requests while providing a superior level of customer service
- Navigate and use all available technology and maintain customer information in an organized fashion up to and including UAT.
- Follow security and safeguarding procedures for the prevention of loss due to fraud, money laundering or defalcation
- Understand risks and take appropriate actions, including all documentation, and any other requirements to maintain operational integrity
- Manage inbound and outbound phone calls, emails and other forms of communication and respond to all inquiries promptly and maintain detailed notes
- Underwriting experience is required
- Proficiency in French or Spanish is preferred
- Strong knowledge of consumer credit and lending practices
- Technical and organizational abilities a must
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with regular social events + team lunches
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + fitness reimbursement
- Onsite massage, yoga and fitness classes
- Career learning and development programs
- RSP Contribution matching
- Maternity leave top up program
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work hours
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
"Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.